Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to force BO to use the same font as in the CR on local PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

russula

Programmer
Nov 30, 2006
DE
Hello All,

could not find how to solve this problem, help please!
I have to use special font in the report because of special symbols. This font is installed on the BO Server and on my local PC. I created report in Crystal Reports and it works as should be.
When I run report in Infoview, it uses right font and shows what i need. It looks like font is taken from my PC. But when I run this report as scheduled, font is changed.
Is where any settings to use pre-defined font on BO Enterpise?

Thanks a lot in advance.

BO Enterprise XI R2, CR XI.

Well, even worse. Actually, problem is in formatting into Adobe pdf file. Do users have any influence on this process? "Use options saved with report " doesn't help.

Hi,
The PDF generator in CR does not use the fonts in the report unless they match ones it 'knows' about...I am not sure it is possible to use custom fonts...

If you just print, do the fonts work as expected?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

In the InfoView as well as in 'rtf' and xls format by scheduling everything is correct. But if I export from Infoview to pdf file, I've got again incorrect font.

I realy need this font because I have to draw arrows in different directions and in different colors (every direction might be in one of 3 colors), depending on formula. So it can't be replace with pictures.

Is it a TrueType font..?

Is it an Abobe Supported font..?

If you use this font in another application (eg. word) and export to PDF - what happens...?

Yes, it is True Type.

I don't know, should be.

When I open rtf file in Word and export it to the pdf, font is correct, I've got what I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back