Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to force a user out of groupwise client 6.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

amm013

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2002
US
When a groupwise account is disabled, and the individual is currently using their mailbox with the groupwise client or webaccess, the system does not kick them out. They continue to have access to their email while the client/webaccess is open - therefore they continue to be able to send and read email.

Only when they exit the groupwise client/webaccess and try to go back in is their access blocked.

I'm looking for a way to "kickout" the user when I need to for those times when an account needs to be disabled immedialtely and to avoid the user being able to continue sending messages.

Only way I have found is to bring down the POA and restart it. As long as they disable admin message has replicated...

Yeah, am aware of downing the POA. Was looking for an alternative to that solution that wouldn't effect other users. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back