Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to force a new text-line to a new textbox? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristenhofgaard

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
DK
How do I force a new text-line from one textbox to start in another linked textbox?
Hope its possible as it was in Quark...
Thank you.

oh thank you!
Do you know what the shortcut is called? I need to change it - I dont have the nummeric keypad on my laptop...

Try Edit>Keyboard shortcuts

showimg.gif

Select one of these, they will both do the same thing then simple type you knew shortcut in, then Ta. Da.

Marcus

If you don't want to add a break character by hand everywhere and the entire paragraph needs to be in the next text frame, then you can force an entire paragraph to jump: It's in Paragraph : Keep Options : Start Paragraph (In Next Column).

That will boost the paragraph to start in the next linked textbox, which might be on another page or the same page. You can also set it up as part of the paragraph style to force a column or page break, which may or may not be what you want.

Thank you.
But I still need the manual one.

I couldn't find what MarcusStringer kindly showed me above. Maybe because I'm using a Danish version so it looks different, but I really don't think it exists.

Is it possible that my early version of InDesign (file version: 1.0.0.546) doesn't support the forced break??? I tried connecting a keyboard and use the ENTER key (like in Quark), but that didn't work either...

with gratitude
Kristen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back