Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to fix the location of a text block : Visio 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gympie

Technical User
Aug 10, 2007
NL
Hello,

I'm designing my own dynamic connector shape in a stencil and I need the text block of that connector in a fixed position relative to the starting point of the connector. However whatever I try the text block keeps moving when I resize the connector (change the location of the connector end).

I tried to give the TxtPinX and TxtPinY properties a fixed value and this limits the amount of moving but does not solve it. I would like to prevent that I need to group a connector with for instance a textbox because the usage of the new control is then not so straightforward anymore.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?
Thanks for the effort!
Stefan.

Well, I sort of solved this one myself after a few more hours going through the different functions available for cells. The solution to fix the location of the text block of a connector to the beginning of the connector takes two steps:
- link it to the BeginX and BeginY cells of the shape.
- Use the LOCTOLOC function to transform these coordinates to local coordinates that can be used by TxtPinX and TxtPin Y.
So something like
TxtPinX = PNTX(LOCTOLOC(PNT(BeginX, BeginY), ThePage!PageWidth, Width))
did the job.
Hope this helps someone else now.

Cheers,
Stefan

Excellent. Thanks a lot, you save me a lot of work!

Dino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back