Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to fix a run-time error in ADO process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feipezi

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2006
US
Hello,

I need you guys to help me with some ADO messages. I have a snapshot attached. I do not understand what's wrong with the name of the table. I ran a few procedures with very similar table name without any issues until now.

you can see the SQL statement in the query cannot be simpler than this:

Select distinct mkt,product from [mktprod$] where mkt in ('BAB')

Thanks in advance.

Seemed this might be a TPS Report;-)

So....
We need VBA using ADO for TPS.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

FYI

Skip,
[sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

...and it's only Mon.

Skip,
[sub]

Actually, just been reading the last of the OPs posts

>I set up a couple of Listboxes. One for the producers; the other for market. Now if I select one of the producers from the 1st box, the 2nd box will show the markets ONLY for that particular producer; the next step is that pick one of the markets, the coming Listbox will show the products ONLY for the market selected.

Occurs to me this could be solveable with slicers ...

Yes, slicers would work, but it would look neater with in-cell drop downs via queries. I've used ADO for that in the past and I've also used MS Query with a Parameter as the previous Drop Down selection. Used as many as four cascading queries, as I recall.

Skip,
[sub]

Hello guys,
I'm sorry that I don't think I can upload the code with error message since the laptop I'm working on is my workstation. Company policy says nothing can be sent out but something can be sent in. Sorry again. Nothing that I can do on this machine. Of course, I can do it on my PC but I'll have type the code and sample data and it means a lot keystrokes.

Btw, do you think PT Slicer can help, in stead of ADO or DAO, in a situation like mine? I'll do some experiments.
thanks again.

You don't have to have a pivot table to use slicers ...

feipezi said:
I can do it on my PC but I'll have type the code and sample data and it means a lot keystrokes.

You could ask your Manager if it is OK to copy code onto a memory card, set up some sample Excel file and send it from your PC at home. You already know that people here at TT want to help you, not rip you off. And the sooner you have a solution, the sooner you can work on something else. You, and your Company, benefit.

Just a guess...

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back