Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to fix a "SQL Database instance is unavailble" error in ACT 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoleMD

Technical User
May 8, 2012
I am trying to get into ACT 2012 on a former employee's computer. It keeps coming up with the message "SQL Databse instance is unavailable". How do I get this corrected so that I can access the database?

I am also having this problem....

I am trying to set up vpn access from a different computer. I have placed a copy of the pad file that is on the server on the remote computer.... I log in to the VPN fine and I am able to access the folder on the server where the database is located, however, when I try and open the ACT! database from the remote computer I get the same error message.

It works fine when I am in the office... It is only a problem when I try and access it from a remote location.

HELP... I have a marketing assistant starting in 2 weeks and I need to resolve this issue and gain access to the database from a remote computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back