Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to find trunks that are used in routes? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurferdudeHB

Programmer
Apr 15, 2015
US
I'm removing a G450 gateway and want to verify what routes are used by the trunks that are in that gateway.
What is the best approach to do that? thx.

Try 'list route-pattern trunk[ x]', where [x] is the trunk group number.

Kevin

That's great Kevin. It even pulls the routes where the x TG is not the first TG is the route. That has always been a problem for me when I am removing trunks.

REJ

How can I find if there is a range of DIDs that is using a route off the trunks that are in the gateway to be removed?

list trace tac xxx (where xxx is trunk access code for suspected DID trunk-group) Make DID call from your cell and see if the call shows up in your list trace

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

If you're dealing with either digital or analog stations, you can do 'list station port [pn# or mg#]'.

Port Network:
list station port 01

STATIONS

Ext/ Port/ Name/ Room/ Cv1/ COR/ Cable/
Hunt-to Type Surv GK NN Move Data Ext Cv2 COS TN Jack

5998 01A0601 pbx room 1
6408D+ no 1 1

Media Gateway:

list station port 001V
STATIONS

Ext/ Port/ Name/ Room/ Cv1/ COR/ Cable/
Hunt-to Type Surv GK NN Move Data Ext Cv2 COS TN Jack