Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to find the release version of the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearmirus

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
US
Howdy fellow members,

My work just got a Merlin Legend system with couple of modules for free. (We're a HUB zone and WOSB business).

The problem is that it came with no manual, instructions, notes, etc. so I had to google-search to find some information about it. Fortunately, I found the documentations area on Avaya website but found there are 7 different release versions and I don't know which release to use. How do I find that out?

Here some info that may help. The whole package came with:
1 - Basic unit
1 - *looks like a power unit* no model # printed on it
1 - Processor with 2MB Translation Card PCMIA card in it
2 - 408 GS/LS-MLX
1 - 012 with Ring Generator
5 - MLX-5D phones
1 - MLX-20L phone

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,
Mark

Go to a display phone, lift the handset receiver and press *05. That will display the information you are looking for.

Thank you gregarican,

I did that and the display came up as "Legend 3.1 v2.0". Obvisily I wont be able to upgrade directly from 3.1 to release 7.0 which led to my second question.

Can I just replace the old processor unit to release 7.0 processor unit without any troubles or snags?

You can download the Merlin Legend r7.0 Pocket Reference Guide from Avaya's website. This document contains all of the enhancements from r4.0 all the way up to r7.0 of Legend.

There are new features and new cards that you will be able to take advantage of. And I'm sure that some QPPCN (Quality Protection Plan Change Notice) issues were fixed along the way as well.

Maybe download the r3.1 docs to get the switch going and get familiar with things. Then look to upgrade to CKE4/CKE5 to make the bump up if you want to spend the cash and take the jump. Just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back