Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to find the DN or VM Ext 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerz

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2007
US
Hi,
I'm currently the Admin of a Nortell Norstar phone system. We've had some employee's leave recently and I need to reset the vm password back to default and change the name of the employee associated w/the the Number. What I need to know is how to figure out how to find the DN or the VM Extension associated with the set. The last 4 digits of the phone number don't seem to work (which is what I thought the DN was). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Jon

Go to the phone and press Feature *0 it will display the extension number and the vm number should be the same.

M.Parnell
(norstargirl)

Thank you very much for the quick reply. When I hit Feature *0 it tells me that's it's for Button Inquiry.

Then press any button to find out it's realtime function, Press Intercom for DN #.

Adversity is Opportunity

When you figure that out, if the ext number brings up invalid mailbox under f983/Mbox/chg, then try mailbox 100/1000. The mailbox numbers don't necessarily have to correspond to the extension number. That's assigned under mailbox admin.

yeah that's the problem I'm getting. I go under Mailbox admin, type in the extension that I just found with Feature *0 and it says Invalid Mailbox.

You may have to go thru all the mailboxes to find the one that's tied to the needed DN.

If you have a printer with a serial port, there are reports that you can printout on the mail boxes.

How would I go about checking all the mailboxes Dasheen? when I went to the actual set that I'm trying to reset it show the same 7 digits when I hit Feature *0. I just can't access it. I wanted to print the reports but serial printers are becoming hard to come by so if I can avoid special ordering a printer that would be best

First, use Ftr980, and enter what you believe to be the correct Mbox #. You will hear the greeting. This should let you know if your on the right track.

Plan B, access the admin screen, choose Mbox, choose Change, press softkey for Dir, and page alphabetically through every initialized Mbox. You'll have to check each one to see what DN # it's attached to. Common sense could speed this process, but it's a lock to find the info you need.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back