Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to find row/col of HFlexgrid when Right Clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

olichap

Programmer
Mar 20, 2001
US
I want to add a popup menu to an HFlexgrid that effectively allows the user to right click, copy one field's data, the right click again on a different cell and paste.

The problem is that the Click event on the HFlexgrid does not seem to recognize the Col/Row upon which I've clicked when using the Right mouse-button. The MouseUp event occurs before the Click event. Whether I have code in the MouseUp event or not, just Right clicking on a new field with a breakpoint on the Click event shows that the grd.col, grd.row properties do not seem to be set when using the right button.

Any ideas on how I can set this information and bring up my popup menu properly?

Thanks,

Oliver

Use the MouseRow and MouseCol properties in the MouseUp or MouseDown Events.

Mark

Excellent,

Thanks a lot for the answer and the timeliness of response.

Oliver

As a follow-up question, if the user clicks on a field/cell header (fixed row 0) I want to reorder my data accordingly.

When I click on row 0 (my fixed row) the grd.row property returns 1. How can I tell when the user clicks on row 0, thus allowing me to control the sort order?

Thanks,

Oliver

MouseRow is returning very strange numbers. For instance, if I click on col 6 of fixed row (0) MouseRow returns 10.

Any ideas?

Well, I feel like an idiot. Here I am setting my breakpoint on the click event, then using the immediate window to check the mouserow property. Only I forgot that that property changes as soon as I move the mouse to click on the immediate window.

Sorry, just a little bone-headed today.

Oliver

Yeah, pretty much. Thanks; just having one of those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back