Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Find out what is getting backed up? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mRgEE

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2003
GB
I have just started a new contract and they are using Netbackup 5.1 which I am not used to.
I need to be able to find out exactly what is being backed up on all our servers. What is the easiest way of achieving this in the quickest possible time > What tools are available and what exactly do I need?

That is a big question and prompts the responce what did you realy want to see. NB is not one of the products that likes to show a list of every single file it backed up. It comes more from the approch that it will show every file it could not back up and you have to belive that the rest have been covered. However you can set up verbose logging and then review the bpbkar logs on completion. The tapes can also be reviewed via the reports media contents and images on media.

Run the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/check_coverage script on the master server.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

the bpcoverage command is a good start as far as what file systems on what servers got backed up. Beyond that, check out bplist and bpflist commands to list what directories/files got backed up by specific backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back