Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to find out the INADS password

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel5455

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2002
US
I have a Definity Prologix G3 phone system and we want to add a DUVoice voice mail system to it but i need to turn on Mode-Code on the phone system and my account wont do it. Does anyone know the account name and password to get in it. Avaya says i need to put in a ticket and it will take a while. I need to have this done soon. Please help...

You need the init login/password to get into the system, unfortunately its protected by ASG anymore and only AVAYA can get into it, it will also cost money because you have because it is a RTU feature.

BuckWeet

dont forget they (AVAYA) are going to need a project manager, a system engineer, a design engineer, lead tech, system tech, tier 4 support and ld charges. On top of the RTU's this little key stroke is going to cost you!!

HEHE

RTMCKEE

Taylor ....be nice

They might be new...I would like my stock to go...

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Why is such a hassle to deal with Avaya. First you have to call about ten different numbers to get close to where you think you should be. Then you have to go through the "user friendly 30 multilayer auto-attendant menu". this will get you to the person thats in-charge of informing you have just reached the wrong department. After being transfered for the fifth or sixth time you finally get to the MAN,the GURU. This is where you get tech support that tells you they cannot help you because you don't have a service contract with them. But, you are welcome to use an Avaya partner, of course they don't give a number for that.

Yes, agree !!!!! Avaya always playing you 2 & 3 days after that they will tell you I can¡¦t help you or you may call to another phone no.

Their RFA system always have problem

That is why I started my own technical support company for PBX and system support and management.

Charles Hagen

Charles,

While I applaud you're inititave, unfortunatly there are some things you can't do (legally) without Avaya's input.

Right to use is something I cannot change. Programming systems is easy to do. Also it is legal.

okay okay...i agree that avaya is not so much the problem as a company who will remain nameless, they are a HUGH avaya partner who's name starts with an E and ends in nets.

Not sure if I'm going to be able to help with the stock though. I don't think there are enough kind words in the dictionary to bring that stock price back up!

RTMCKEE

Think that's bad, I'm hoping my world com stock will be bouncing back eventually and have more use than toilet paper.
-Jay

I have a G3 also and I called Avaya to help me access the inads port on my login so I can dial in thru modem. They gave me the database phone number and said it will cost me money to change my logon permission. I tried to do it myself but the switch said cannot change your own login permissions, guess I'll be calling the database number tomorrow. I did figure one thing out today so it was pretty productive....the login cust stands for costs U some thousands !

Tina

You could add another login with the super user permissions, login as this temp login and adjust accordingly.

Why you're using the CUST login is a little dangerous however. You should use Cust to create a personal login, then use that for any changes. Cust should be used for setup & lock out purposes only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back