Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to find out if a partition is actually in use?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelInMyBlood

Technical User
Apr 14, 2005
US
CUCM 8.5

I'm trying to clean up part of the mess left after a VAR (we no longer use) came in to do some programming for us last year. Unfortunately they hoked & poked, tried this and that like a bunch of amateur experimenters and wound up leaving what I like to call "dangling participles" in their wake - ie, partial components that they tested with then abandoned them, unused, without cleaning up after themselves.

I suspect they have created several partitions that in reality aren't needed (ie, I don't think they're being used)

Is there some easy method to determine if a partition (or a CSS)is not actually being used?

Thanks in advance

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

It will be interesting to see if anyone has a command for this but what I normally do is change the name and see if I get any calls that phones don't work. That way I can change it back real quick. Good Luck.

the best way is to select the partition and then on the drop down box that says "return to search" or something like that, select the dependency records instead. If it comes back with no entries, it's not used. If it does then you know where how it's been used.

You can use dependency records for any item in ccm and it's a great tool.

THANKS!!! Exactly what I was looking for.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back