Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to find ielabel.ocx, ietimer.ocx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1kerch1ck

Programmer
Nov 22, 2001
US
Hi, I'm an ActiveX newbie, as the thread title suggests.

I'm using a VBScript/ActiveX book that's a few years old.

The examples in the book refer to things like ielabel and ietimer. I assume these were once installed on most Windows computers. I've got Windows 2000 installed (am using Notepad to do the examples). I've got some ActiveX controls in my System folder but can't tell what they are.

Is there a reference list of which ActiveX control is which? I've got VB.Net installed - does that help?

How can I find the commonly-used ActiveX controls I need to learn with?

Thanks for any advice you can give. :->

OK, dumb question. I found out that these have been knocked off the latest versions of iexplorer. However I still want to do the exercises in the book, so I downloaded them from the msn site.

Now my new, newbie question is: I still can't reference the controls thru html. I assume I've missed out a step, setting up or installing the controls on my system. These files came with setup information files. How can I do this? I tried regsrvce.exe but it's not on my machine (win2k pro). I have vb.net installed, if that helps.

Thanks very much. [peace]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back