Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to: find all usages of extension in pbx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibsonic

MIS
May 9, 2001
US
I am trying to figure out how to find all of the places a certain extension are used in an NEC SV8500 system.

I have a non-station extension of 7070 that I need to know where all that number is used.

For instance, how do i create a list of all the stations that use 7070 as a call forwarding destination? In addition how do I other places this extension may be used.

I come from an Avaya CM background and on that platform I can use the command "list usage extension 7070" and "list usage digits 7070" and it will tell me all the places in the phone system where 7070 is used.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Haven't had much to do with the 8500 but it is based on the 2400 so LMLA4 should show you any line appearances but I have never come across a cmmand that will tell you what extensions are forwarded to a given number. I suppose my question would be, Why would you want to know?

The 7070 number from my example is the pilot number as defined in ACDMAT for a particular ACD/split. We are getting calls to this number but cannot find out where they are coming from. Also lacking a CDR system, I simply want to know where this number is used/referenced within the system.

Since this is not a station extension, multi-line appearances do not apply.

thanks for the response.

Look at command AMNO. If 7070 is assigned as a pilot number then it must be assigned with command AMNO (at least in the older 2400 ACD).

grh959, AMNO/LMNO doesn't tell me where this pilot number may be used.

I need a command that will look for the digits 7070 throughout the phone system to tell me were it may be referenced.

The closest thing I have found is LCFS where i specifiy the entire extension range in the system. I can then save the output to pdf/xls and do a search within the exported file for the number I am looking for. However this approach only looks at call forwarding.

Your 7070 will not show as an extension anywhere because it is assigned in AMNO. AMNO is for monitored numbers only. There will be no LEN assignment for 7070.

You may have a Station or a phantom number pointed at 7070.

LCFS used to list call forwards - export to excel and search/sort
ACDD ( i think) does indial translations LCDD lists that data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back