Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to find a file in a certain directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjfusion

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2006
US
Hi,

I'm a novice at writing code, especially VB, however, I need some help writing VB code or something similar. I'm open to suggestions. I need to have the program either .vbs or .bat or what is recommended look in C:\Documents and Settings or C:\Program Files\IBM or C:\Program Files\Lotus for a file called "ctman.nsf" without the quotes. If it finds that file it needs to notify the user it has found that file and the location and of course with an OK button. If it doesn't find that file it needs to notify the user that the file was not found with an OK button. I plan on emailing this out to my users via Lotus notes (they are all on the same network and its Internal and having them run this file to search) and from Lotus they will just save it to their desktop, or if it's small enough in code size I might have them run it from our server.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll be on the board all day until I can get some help. Thank you.

cjc

What have you tried so far and where in your code are you stuck ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

I haven't tried anything. I've never written VBCode. More of a web guy. I've just seen examples online but no clue if they work or not.

-cjc

>I've never written VBCode. More of a web guy. I've just seen examples online but no clue if they work or not.
If you have no clue if they work, why not try them? If you cannot read their script, learn the language. It is no more different to learn vbs from "web", whatever it means. A quick google (is that web enough?), this turns up (chosen randomly).
(It does not need endorsement on my part, as it is a so common task, but it looks meritorious on its own.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back