Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Filter mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojosh

MIS
May 10, 2006
NG
Hi All,

I used third party mail service provider to provide mail services to my users. I found out that staff were recieving SPAM Mails.

I do not want to use this third party webmail to filter the SPAM mails. Is there any feature in Group Policy that can be enable to filter these SPAM mails from being recieved from by users.

Thanks

Ojosh

Thanks WKK,

We do not have mail server. like I said, we subscribed to third party Mail Service Provider (MSP). We do not want to effect SPAM FILTERING from thier webmail (MSP). Instead we are looking for a way to effect this filter on the LAN.

Does Windows Group policy provides features that enables mail filtering?

I will appreciate everybody's contribution.

Thanks.

Ojosh

I think you can do this with settings in outlook - again if you are using outlook. I've only read about this, have not yet worked with it but, you can use the Office resource kit to apply outlook settings in a GPO. Go to microsoft web site for more info on how the Office resource kit works with applying user configurations in outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back