Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to extract the member name of a PDS allocated to SYSTSIN ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddubeau

Programmer
Dec 16, 2002
US
LISTDSI sets many variables like sysdsname but I need to extract the member name of the PDS. Anyone might know an ISPEXEC service that might do that or even how to get the JFCB(file control block) via the REXX storage command ?

Thanks in advance for the help !

I think there's a severe disconnect here if the title of this thread is accurate. It has always been my understanding that SYSTSIN is valid for instream data only. A PDS containing REXX code should be accessed via SYSEXEC or SYSPROC, not SYSTSIN.

You misunderstood my question or I was not clear enough ... The REXX code is accessed via the SYSEXEC and reads a member of the PDS allocated to SYSTSIN using EXECIO * DISKR systsin (STEM recin. FINIS. Reading is easy but finding the member name is not ! As I say in the original posting LISTDSI provide a number of variable but I have found nothing that returns the member name of a PDS.

You want to use listalc tso command to list the allocated datasets along with outtrap. Then go through the outtrap buffer looking for the SYSTSIN DD allocation and then parse out the member name. Just try the TSO LISTALC command with it's various parameters to get the simplest output with the data you want.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back