Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to extract info from micros.db

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2019
CA
Hello everyone,

I joined a company that used Micros last year as their POS (3700 version 5.2). They changed POS, but didn't export the gift card database before ditching micros. I still have the Micros workstation, but I don't have the password and ID to get into the software. All the managers left so I don't really know what to do; Micros won't help because we're not a customer anymore, which is fair. The problem is I can't read people's gift card info with my new POS.
Is there anyway to extract information from the database? If I copy it to another computer or if I read it with a different software?

Thanks for your help!

First you need to confirm that the gift card info was stored locally in the micros database. Typically the only gift card system that stores the info locally is the GSS addon. If they were using that you should be able to open the database in dbisql and extract the gift card tables.

the DB is encrypted, so even if they were using GSS, you're out of luck. if you can attempt to connect to the database using Interactive SQL, you can using the various default usernames and their corresponding passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back