Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to export data from Definity Audix 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelcoTech

Programmer
May 24, 2004
US
Is there a way to setup exporting from a definity with ASA? Since there is a cust login, it asks for a password, and then a system password. My auto login for the export doesn't give an option to enter that second password challenge, so I can't run the export. I want to search all mailboxes that use a certain zero out, and change them all.

You should be able to do this by setting your ASA to auto login and then just run the report or set it up in the schedule

Thats just it.......The auto login only asks for a username and password. But on our definity when you log in it asks for login, password, and system password. So for the auto login it fails because I cannot put the system password (which is blank) into the auto login field.

Create a new logon ID to be used for your scheduled reports, exports, and other "automatic" items.

Susan
[green]Gramen artificiosum odi. [/green]

Susan, I thought with Definity Voice mail you only get the cust login, and the other 3 are reserved for Avaya?

Are you using the Definity PBX or your VoiceMail system? On the switch side, you can use the command add login to create new login IDs.

Susan

This is on the definity voice mail. I am trying to run an export on a definity voice mail.

Sorry, we use Intuity AUDIX, so I don't think I'll be of much help here. However, since this doesn't seem to be a reoccuring task, can you manually login via ASA? Check the box in Properties for "Log in manually to system".

Susan

Susan, Thank you for trying!! Manual logins are not allowed for scheduled exports or tasks. This old definity is getting at me know, I wish it was an intuity, life would be easy right now!!

This has worked for me:
Connect using the menus System | Connect
Click F7 after entering cust and pswd
Verify that connection has been established by checking the "Connection Status" tab at the bottom of ASA.
Run reports or export data as needed.
Do not launch the emulator (blue screen) to do any administration or exporting data will not work. As you probably know, if you close this emulation window, the connect will be lost. This is why you must establish the connection using the drop-down menu.

ag2, Your are one smart cookie. I have been trying to accomplish this for about 2 years. YEAH !!!!!!!!!!! Nice work around !!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back