Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to export data automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqlgrade1

Programmer
May 18, 2002
CA
Hi,
I am trying to create a job to export data from a view every night automatically. my problem is is there a function i can call to export the data? i know i can manually export the data to a file, but is there a function i can use?

It might be wize to copy the sql code from your view before starting these instructions (once you are in the dts wizard you cannot edit the view and copy the sql code).

Right click the tables node or database node ==> all tasks ==> this will start the DTS wizard ==> next ==> choose data source ==> next ==> choose destination (in the top dropdown you can select text, excel ... whatever you need, I will choose text for this example) ==> next ==> check use a query ==> fill out your query (copy and paste it from your query) ==> click parse (to check if it's correct) ==> next ==> select what file type and delimiter you need (if you choose text, which I did. We allso will not use transform.) ==> next ==> check save dts ==> choose the option SQL server ==> next ==> name your package ==> next ==> finish

now goto data transformation services ==> local packages ==> left click the package you just created ==> schedule package ==> YOU ARE DONE, (YIPEE).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back