Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to export all mail in Outlook Express? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

correro

Programmer
Nov 20, 2003
CN
Hi!

Is there any way that I can export all my mail stored in Outlook Express to external .eml or .txt files (in one go, instead of one by one)?

Please help!

This information is from Fred Langa's LangaList issue 2002-01-28. Go to langa.com to subscribe, as it is a very good newsletter. You can also find much of his content by using Google to do a site search there.
=====
Access Your DBX files--- Without Outlook Express!
Paul Schindler--- whom some of you may remember from WinMag or Byte--- sent along a note about "a program that would extract messages from an outlook express .dbx file." One Philip Rynes had told Paul about the tool, which is part of a pair of related freeware tools available at and
Both are tiny freeware utilities that let you extract or manipulate the email stored inside an OE DBX file, without having to use OE at all. In fact, if a corrupted or misinstalled DBX file prevents you from accessing your OE email, one of these tools still may be able to get inside the file and grab what you need.
======

I have not used the above utilities, since I use Outlook 2000. Good luck.

an easier way is to create a folder on you desktop, call it emails, open it up, then drag your emailsfrom outlook into the new folder and drop them in, write them to a cd or floppy and take them where ever you want.

Hello Dyb:

How do you drag the emails from outlook into a new
folder I created on the desktop?

Make OE a half window, open the new folder in a half window, put them side by side, and start dragging and dropping, i believe you can select all (ctrl + A) and drag them all in one shot. note though, if you have multiple emails with the same name/ sender, it will prompt you to overwrite the other email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back