Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to export Access reports (images and text) to Word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werneck

Technical User
Aug 5, 2003
BR
Hi,

several Access 2002 reports containing records with image and text should be printed and binded with pages numbered continuosly from the beginning of the binder to the end.

DoCmd.OutputTo will not work with images.

how to export Access reports with images and text to Word?

thanks lupins46,
but that lebans utility doesn't seem to work with reports containing images outside the mdb and referenced in the report by their names.

I haven't seen a way to do what you want. Everything I've seen looses something in the translation. Two things you could do. Create your report in Word and do a Mail merge against the data in your Access db. Or you could output your report in snapshot format (don't loose anything in this format...can't edit it the snapshot though)

'but that lebans utility doesn't seem to work with reports containing images outside the mdb and referenced in the report by their names'

I have a report which uses an image control and sets the actual image at run time in the format event using a path/filename held in the table which points to an external image. It exports to Word using the Lebans utility.

thank you FancyPrairie, nice work around, and lupins46 which sugestion I will try again, I certainly missed some point there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back