Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to export a picture with transpency into .gif file?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have tried many times to export a picture with transpency into .gif file but i couldn't succeed, please help me! Thankyou!^^
(I have tried to export the file into .gif for first time, then export that .gif file into a .gif file while extracting the background color, it's tought by a book by still can't succeed)

Are you using Vers 5.5? If so go to help> exporting transparent image. The wizard will walk you through it. [sig][/sig]

If you are exporting a native photoshop file with transparancy, before you attemp to export to GIF, make sure the colour palette is Index Colour. Next export to GIF, the next window will show the colour palette. select the eyedropper tool and select the colour in the image to be transparant. It will probably turn greyish, then go! Of course I am using Photoshop version 5.5. You could also use ImageReady is you have 5.5 to have more control over the kind of transparancy and resolution. [sig][/sig]

In 5.0, it's
File: Export: GIF89a Export
then follow [COLOR=003366]surfchik[/color]'s procedure.
If you want to preview the GIF quality vs. filesize struggle, first use
Image: Mode: Indexed Color
and then do the Export thing. [sig][/sig]

Try this
use the save as copy in the file menu and verify the file type in gif
[sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back