Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to execute DOS commands from VB? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemyst

Programmer
Mar 10, 2003
US
Hi everyone,

I'm writing a VB6 application, and need to have it execute the DOS "net send userid message" command so that the particular user "userid" who's logged into the network will receive the "message" in the popup box on their workstation.

Can anyone please tell me how this is done?

Thanks!

I confess I'm having problems seeing a significant difference between the posts but, hey, Harlequin007 has ridden happily off into the sunset....

Oh, sorry, he didn't do the original post. OK let's start a fight!

oh and now I've gone and made an assumption about gender. Sorry Harlequin007 if I happen to have got it wrong. Today has not started well.

FYI:

I'm male.

I'm sorry for not reading the posts more thoroughly.

I'm now going to go cut my wrists [colorface]

----------------------------
Cogito Ergo Sum [jester2]
----------------------------

>for one thing it answered and solved the problem!

No more so than 3 previous posts. It was merely that repetition helped harlequin7 to see where (one of) his problems was ;-)

[lol]

"Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'."

whatever........ it would be pointless to say anything more so i will look for someone else 2 help without delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back