Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to ENFORCE COLUMN HEADER???? HELP PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sommererdbeere

Programmer
Nov 20, 2003
US
HI,

Question
how to enforce column headers whenever click to see the details level?

software
CR 8.5
database: oracle 8

problem
i hide the details section on my report. the users will double click on the line, then it will get the specific lines that he/she wants to see. therefore, he/she can see the detail level. however the column header will not be there when it gets to the detail level. how can i enforce the column headers to stay in place?

example

report looks like:

BuckID Desc ParPartNO OrderNO Qty
11234 75
23456 80
Mat. 155
234 155
12234 65
43456 80
Sat. 145
235 145

when i double click on PartNO 11234, it will go to the detail section like below:

234 Mat. 11234 75
11235 70
11236 0

11235 and 11236 is Componenet PartNO of 11234 (this is Parent PartNO). from above, the column headers are not shown. so, how can i make it to show like below:

BuckID Desc ParPartNO OrderNO Qty
234 Mat. 11234 75
11235 70
11236 0

this would be a great help.. thank u for those who can direct me on how to approach this problem.. thank u.. thank u

m

There isn't a column header in Crystal, are you placing these in the Page Header or in a Group Header?

On the File->Options->Reporting you'll see a Show All Headers on Drill Down, try that first.

Otherwise post where your headers are and any other relevant info.

-k

If it's an existing report, use File->Report Options for the same functionality.

-k

sorry that i didn't make this clarify. what if i only want to show the page header? i don't want to show all headers, but i only want to show the page header.

thank you for your help. It will be great if you have any ideas i can show page header on every drill down.

thank you

m

PLEASE PLEASE PLEAES HELP FOR THOSE WHO KNOW.. PLEASE.. this is quit IMPORTANT for me.. thakn u thank u thank u

The simplest solution is to check "Show all headers in drilldown" in file->report options. Otherwise, if you really only want to show the page header, then FVTrainer's solution in thread149-708655 might help.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back