Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Enable OWA for Exc2K through ISA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash2000in

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2001
US
Hi guys,
I have my exchange2000 server running behind the ISA server which is live on the net. How do I enable the OWA feature. I have read that this is enabled by default, but am unable to use it.
Please help.
Thanks, Ash :cool:

Hi Ash,

Here's what you can do...
[ol]
[li]Run the ISA snap-in via the Management Console[/li]
[li]Expand Servers and Arrays[/li]
[li]Expand /Servername/[/li]
[li]Expand Publishing[/li]
[li]Right-click Server Publishing Rules[/li]
[li]Select Secure Mail Server[/li]
[li]Follow the prompts[/li]
[/ol]
HTH, MapMan [americanflag]

Assume nothing, question everything, be explicit not implicit, and you'll always be covered.

Just open system manager, go into protocols, expand http, right click exchange virtual server and choose start. That's it.

Make sure port 80 is open on the firewall.

HI.

It is not a good idea to simply use OWA - it is simply to risky for most installations, especially if your Exchange server is inside your LAN and not isolated in a DMZ.

A less risky solution (but also a door for hackers) is to use VPN to protect your server and internal network.
There are other similar solutions.
If you do implement VPN - it is a good idea to limit VPN clients access only to the minimum hosts and services they need.

Bye

Yizhar Hurwitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back