Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to enable Multi User in LD17 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

26thPair

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
US
Can anyone tell me how to enable the Multi User in LD 17. I found an old entry dating back to Oct.2003 in here. But the instructions are about as clear the bottom of the Mississippi River. I need to do this to utilize the LD 80 call trace.

Thx.

prt that in 22 and change it in 17. but that does not effect ld 80

Code:
REQ  prt
TYPE ovly

OVLY
  SID  722
  BKGD 044
  PBXH X
  TODR 01
  DROL 030 034 036 038 043 044 045 060 135 137
  MULTI_USER ON

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Well according to the switch I need to enable Multi User in LD17. Because I receive a TRA305 error in LD 80.

Why do you need Multi-User on for LD 80? Mine's not on and I use LD 80 trace all the time.

Again. I don't know that I need it. But when I attempted to activate the call trace in LD 80 I received the TRA 305 error. So I'm trying to figure work the bug out so I can utilize the Program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think I ran an enhanced trace command one time to monitor a particular ext. and had to turn on multiuser to get it to work. I have slept since then though.

You need multi-user to do the ENTC command in LD80 - enhanced trace

TEKIMG.gif

What you can do with Multi-user login also depends on what version s/w your running.

Goto LD 17
REQ : chg
TYPE : OVLY
SID : <enter>
BKGD : <enter>
PBXH : <enter>
TODR : <enter>
DROL : <enter>
MULTI_USER : ON

To check, goto LD 22
REQ : prt
TYPE : OVLY

Please check the sofware release running on your PABX. Old systems release don't support the trace utility.

X11 Release 19 and later include Enhanced Trace Commands. The enhanced trace function requires Multi-User Login functionality (package 242) to be enabled in LD 17. The enhanced commands are: DALL, DIST, ENTC, ENTD, GOTR, FITR, and STPT. These commands interact with each other only. They do not affect pre-Release 19 commands.

they do support trace, but not entc.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Maybe I need to provide somemore information pertaining to my problem. I need to activate a call trace on a phone to trouble shoot a problem, via the entc command. But I'm recieving the error TRA305 after the return prompt. So I went back to manuals and it was indicating that I need to enable Multi_User in LD17. So I went into LD17 to enable it but I never receive the Multi_User prompt after the DROL line. So my saga continues. So now I figure out what going on with that. It's no so much that I have to have this working but, the mere fact that it's not is driving me crazy.

>ld 17
CFN000

REQ chg <<< here
TYPE ovly <<< here
SID
BKGD
PBXH
TODR
DROL
MULTI_USER on <<< here

done

~
Posted by me

Is it a small system or big, also what is the software release?

If you're talking about Option11C with rls 23.47, you'll need a patch MPLR10892 to fix that bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back