Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to email report with picture attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

roughan

Programmer
Feb 3, 2003
IE
hi im have a report with a bmp inserted into it and linked to it but everytime i try and email the report it will not send and crashes out saying "unknown picture type" any ideas is it possible to send a report by html in crystal 4 or will i have to upgrade

you might try changing your picture file type/size. Have you attempted this using a .jpg or other file type instead?

yes i have tried a jpg and gif but still same thing have you got it to work correctly

I'm not familiar with how cr4 would handle this, but I tried a few things within 8.5 which is what I am running, just to see if I could get you any more info. I tried mailing in format 'html 3.2', destination 'ms mail'. Are these the settings you are using? I did not have any error messages come up, but the .jpg I had inserted into the report did not come through ok in the mail. There was a space for it, but a little broken graphic 'x' was all I could see. I could find no option while mailing an html 3.2 file which worked. I did try mailing as a crystal report and the picture shows up fine. That probably is not an option for you, or you would already be doing that.
Hope you figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back