Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to email IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptRage61

Programmer
Feb 17, 2005
US
Does anyone know of any simple programs or scripts that will email a computers ip address to a specified email. Here is why I would like to use it. I currently have a webserver that I am just playing around with but I have a dynamic ip address that changes about every 8 days. So what I would like it to email the new address to my email account. And I need it to email the external ip address assigned by my ISP not the local address. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Follow my IP fmip.org allows you to see 'your' IP on a web page, if that helps.

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

I checked out the dyndns.com and that looked pretty good, I will have to try that out. I just hope that it will do what I want. I am behind a router so it is a little harder to see the external ip. The reason that I wanted it emailed is so that it can be updated even if I am not at the server when it changes. I just hope that some of those config tools for it will work.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back