Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to email folders created within Notes R5 Client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyespi

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2001
US
Hello all, I have an interesting question. Who would know how to email someone a Folder and its contents as one, if the folder was created within the Notes R5 client. This folder was created to store special emails and I need to send it as one piece. Someone told me I have to forward each individual email to the end user who will need them. Is there a better, more organised way to do this? Will they need special permissions to view this folder? Do they need to be on the same network/certifier?

Thank you all for your time!

Mr.Neil

There are a couple of ways to tackle this. First, you can select all the messages in the folder using the left-hand picker column, then click Forward. This will place all the messages in one giant message which you can then send to your intended recipient.

Second, you could find a database on a server that you both have editor access to. You copy-and-paste your folder docs to it and the recipient copies and pastes from that database to their own database.

Third, you could have an admin who has rights to both your email databases (I'm assuming it's email you want to share) do the copy-and-paste for you, directly from one db to the other.

Hope this helps.

DDickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back