Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to eliminate the Header...

Status
Not open for further replies.

byteias

Programmer
Apr 17, 2007
US
CR XI and Oracle 9i.
I created a subreport with headings (same heading as the main report) because they want to see the headings when a break occurs.
The problem is when it goes to a new page, I get double heading and the question is:
How can I eliminate either the headings from the main report or from the subreport?
Thanks,
Ivan

By break do you mean page break? Why not just eliminate the subreport header and allow the page header in the main report to always display? Since subreports don't have page headers, I'm assuming you are using a group header for this.

-LB

Yes, it's page break.
They want to see the header again when the break (subreport data) occurs anywhere in the main report.
And, it's a page break then I get double header.

So the issue is that you want the subreport header to appear when the subreport is NOT at the top of a new page. So leave the headers in both main and subreport. In the main report, create this formula:

//{@true} to be placed in the main report page header and suppressed:
whileprintingrecords;
shared booleanvar flag := true;

//{@false} to be placed in the report section immediately preceding the section containing the subreport and suppressed:
whileprintingrecords;
shared booleanvar flag := false;

In the subreport go into the section expert->report header->suppress->x+2 and enter:

whileprintingrecords;
shared booleanvar flag;
flag = true; //note no colon

If this doesn't work, please identify the report section containing the sub and indicate where you placed {@false}

-LB

The subreport header doesn't show up.
This is what I did:
Header section flag:=true;
G3a - subreport
G3b - flag:=false;
Subreport
report header->supress->x+2
flag=true

{@false} should be in G3a and the sub should be in G3b. If you are still having trouble, please explain more fully. "Header" could be a report header/group header/page header.

-LB

It works now....
Thanks for your help.
Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back