Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to eliminate linker error: Unresolved external... referenced in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandijs

Programmer
Mar 8, 2001
LV
When I compile my project I am getting an linker error: Unresloved external ....... .. referenced from xxxx.obj
When I close the project and delete all .obj files and then rebuild the project - linker error is gone! But after some time, when I change something in my programm, compilation ends with the same linker error.
Is it a compilator bug or I am doing something wrong with external variable definition?

Sandy
p.s. I am using C++Builder 3.0

Yes. Go there and then go to their Builder page. Somewhere on that page, you will see a link to the updates and patches page. From there, you can get to the patch. Make certain that you pick the correct one for your Builder version/language, of course.

Also, while you are there, you should join the Community. It's free and provides you with FAQ and technical information for all of Borland's products.

BTW, did you include the header unit (Alt+F11) for xxxx.h?
James P. Cottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back