Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Eliminate a dll being called for on startup? :~/ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

solon13

Technical User
May 27, 2001
US

Win 98SE upon startup displays msg--Can not find ndrvnp32.dll--- some parts of netdrive.com may not be available. I once had net drive installed but it is no longer available so I can't just re-install and then uninstall. How do I eliminate the request for the dll. Can not seem to find the call in ini or regedit. TIA

It has to be in one of the two places...

Check the System.ini again... although your not likely to find it there.

Chances are, its in the registry. Which part of the registry were you searching when you say you couldn't find it? Were you searching just one small part? You'll likely find it in multiple locations under HKEY_Local_Machine... Make sure you have spelled the file name correctly in the search window...

Everything that starts-up on your system (iincluding all those things that startup automatically at the bottom-right corner of your screen) are in

Hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/currentversion/ 'run' and 'run services'

if you remove them there, the next time you reboot,they will not show up, try it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back