Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to dynamically set registration point of a symbol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msteggo

Programmer
Oct 27, 2000
US
I need to know if it's possible to set the registration point of a movieclip with actionscript? Anyone know?

Thanks ahead of time,
Mike

cant be done directly

might be possible to fake by loading the clip inside another clip and playing around with localtoglobal

why do you need to do this ?

Thanks for answering by the way.

I have a complex animation that involves multiple clips and masks, and the math involved in calculating the positioning would be greatly simplified if I had control of the registration points. Some of the clips load jpegs, so I have even less than the normal authoring control.

I am currently using the holder mc solution, but was looking for a simpler alternative.

I did find someone who presented another solution, which entails internalizing the transformations with alternate mc properties, but am leary of too much movieclip prototype manipulation.

Again, i appreciate you help, Bill
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back