Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to draw ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepmarti

Programmer
Apr 2, 2001
ES

I need to make a drawer in foxpro, anybody know how ?
I have a screen that using "on key label" draw lines
with the cursos but i don't know how to save this
in a file, or text file ...

Thanks

Using the same on key label routine to draw the lines, you could concurrently update a file with coordinates (be it text, dbf or otherwise) so it could be read back in to redraw the lines at a later date.

Dave S.

ok, but i cant to write lines in a file... only ascii characters ... that is my problem.
I can write ascii characters but is very hard to paint
with ascii charactes ...

Thanks for all

Another Idea ?

That's not what I meant. What I meant was, that you could save the coordinates of the line drawn, then when you need to redraw the lines, read in the coordinates. Say you have a table with a structure similar to this:

StartRow N(7.3), StartCol N(7.3)
EndRow N(7.3), EndCol N(7.3)

After the line was completed, you would update the table with start and end row and column. The when the lines needed to be drawn again, you would read the table and recreate the lines.

Dave S.

dave has a good way to go, you could also write a prog that matches the key pad to ascii char and to a inkey

example if vkey = '4' mychar = char(179)
the number five could change char 4,8,6,2 to move, and zero to print/ add to dbf

its the long way around the barn but it could get you there if it is to be it's up to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back