Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to downgrade antivirus enterprise 8.7i to 8.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdal01

Technical User
Jan 23, 2009
NL
Hello everyone,

After installing,configuring our new Epo server, everythings seems to be running.
Only it seems that our clients machines are very slow on starting up (it takes 5minutes).
The problem is the antivirus scanner 8.7 and after downgrading it to 8.5 everythings seems to be working "normal".
So I need to install virusscanner 8.5 and remove 8.7.
Is there an easy to do this from the Epo 4.0 server?
I know how to install the virusscanner 8.5 on the epo server.

thx Erdal

In your deployment task, you should be able to select the action to remove 8.7 and install 8.5

thx, i ahve created a new deployment task which removes 8.7 and installs 8.5
only I have the problem that the mcafee mc shield services is diabled on a lot of clients with antivirus 8.5
Is there a way to know if the mcfee mcshield service is not running on the clients or is there a fix for this?

I have looked at the reports, but don't seem to have one that reports the status of the McShield Service. You'd probably need some other tools like Patchlink to scan for that.
How come the McShield service is disabled? Was this a manual thing?
The deployment task is for the agent, the McShield is VSE, so I think if your deployment task is to remove 8.7 and install 8.5, you should be okay.
However, if you have some 8.5 machines and their McShield service is disabled, you may need to either manually enable them? How many machines are we talking about?

I have made a task deployment to remove 8.7 and install 8.5 and this works fine, but it seems that a lot of clients have antivirus 8.5, but the McShield services is disabled,
I don't know how big the problem is, but have the feeling about 50 percent where the service is disabled,
so I need to know for sure on which clients the service is not running, so I can take the appropriate steps to solve the problem

Hi erdal01

Firstly, I would have suggested that you investigate the slowness of the PC with VSE 8.7 installed. Why is the PC slow? Is it slow before you reach the login screen or after e.g. at "Applying computer settings"

This issue with McShield you are experiencing occurs when you remove VSE 8.7 and install 8.5 without a reboot in between.

This is most likely the cause since you removed VSE 8.7 and installed 8.5 all through EPO deployment task.

This issue is documented in McAfee knowledge base as KB53973. Here is the link:

or you can go to and search for the KB53973 in the Ask a Question box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back