Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck149

Programmer
Jan 22, 2007
US
Using BO 6.5 and SQL 2000 database.
Came across a weird situation that one of my desktop intelligence report is modified and exported back to repository but could not run. Call for BO tech support and they suggested that I delete manually all universe cache and report cache (which I have not done). In my conversation with them, they told me that each time a universe or a report is modified, the cache will have to be manually deleted from the server. Does anybody know a better way to do this?

From your problem description it is not very clear what the real culprit is. Deleting server caches sounds a bit silly, especially when working with a client tool.
Can you be more specific what your problem is?

Ties Blom

A client of mine wanted a modification of a full client report which I did. The report was fine when I ran it from my local. When the report is exported to the repository and run, the following error popped up: "COM error during call to BusinessObjects server Process (BOMGR0070). Based on error message definition, this is an internal COM error and could be corrected by reboot the server. I did the reboot and the error is still there.
I then called the BO tech support and got the suggestion of deleting all cache. I hope this description is what you are expecting.
Thanks.

Guessing, because you have not provided a clear description.....

You're universe is locked. This happens on the WebI servers sometimes. Just go and find all the .UNV files on your server under the "nodes" subdirectory. You can safely delete all of them. If they won't go away, you'll have to stop the services first. Delete the files and they will reimport from the repository.

If this is truly a report-only problem, then I doubt this will make a difference. Was the universe also modified?

Steve Krandel
Intuit

No, the universe remains untouched. Only the report. Some of my fellows developer suggested that I can re-arrange the sequence of conditions within the report and somehow, when the report was exported to the repository, it worked. The uncertainty is that I will never know when it will work or not and based on BO tech support, each time the report or the universe is modified, I will have to manually delete the cache. That really pissed me. I am looking for a better solution.

I've never seen this happen with a report. It's possible that it was corrupted on the way in. The re-export cleaned it up.

I wouldn't be too worried that it will happen again.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back