Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to do Sendmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

gparrish

MIS
Feb 28, 2003
US
I am moving a website from an old BSD server to IIS, dont ask. Anyway I am converting some Perl scripts over and need a Sendmail utility for Windows. Is there any free utilities out there I can use. I have found Sendmail 1.15 from Mecury Systems but it is not free and I cant get to their web sites to purchase it either. I dont mind using it but free makes everything much easier.

Thanks,
Greg

since you will be on a IIS server why not just use CDONTS, and program it in ASP. it works great. Easy too.

Well I dont know anything about CDONTS or programming in ASP, I am just a network guy. I am really just trying to get the current web CGI content to call a mail program as it did on linux. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thanks,
Greg

well you can use a sendmail component, but you will have to make sure you install Perl. I beleive that is what Sendmail is coded in. You will also have to configure the sendmail in the code to use whatever SMTP server you need to.

Yea I have Perl installed already. I just need a good program to install and use that other may have found handy in this situation.

Thanks,
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back