Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to do "Forced Trunk Release" in CS1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

blasteal

Technical User
Oct 22, 2009
NZ
Hi All,

We are currently developing an application for call management . We have an included feature that will kill a call based on the applied rules. For example, a call from certain number is to be killed when this call is diverted to such number. And in this scenario, the call is connected trunk to trunk, hence, TAPI lineDrop function could not be used for this. In other PABX(e.g. Samsung), there is a programming command (forced trunk release) that is used to kill a call thru a trunk. Is there any similar function in CS1000?

Thanks in advanced.

In CS1000 you can configure a timer in the route (group of trunks) kn LD16 to disconnect these trunks after XX minutes.

Timer is TFD - maximum is 1 hour.
Note that is on a route basis and it will affect all the trunks in that route. It is not specific to extensions or in the trunk to trunk scenario.

Hope this helps.

Hi Lynx77,

Thanks for providing a response to my query but I believe that function would not satisfy our requirement.

Killing of calls is to be done in real-time and by rules. Once a call is detected that this is restricted as per the rule, it would be the time to kill the call. Hence, I believe that setting to xx minutes will only take effect in the next call and not in the current call. And we need to kill a call by trunk scenario and not by group of trunks.

Hi again,

TFD will function all the time and not by rule.

If you want to apply rules, you need to do scripting.
This can be done using contact center software and not i the PABX.

Hi Lynx77,

As per my previous posted message, we are developing a call management application. And part of the features of this call management application is to kill a call by rule. Hence, we need to send a command to the PABX (a command for killing a call by trunk) as per rule. In Samsung we can able to send a command to the PABX (forced trunk release command) and we are finding out that command in CS1000 and unfortunately we did not able to find it yet. That's the very reason I had posted a query in this forum to find a luck if somebody can able to give me that command.

If a copper trunk call then enter ld 20 in command line and disu l s c u will disable the trunk and terminate the call then enlu l s c u to renable the trunk. If the trunk type is pri then ld 60 dsch loop ch then ench loop ch to renable.

Hi Nortellian,

Can we do the command you mentioned via Telephony Manager?

Hi Nortellian,

May I know what UI Interface are you using? Are you using Linux application to connect to the CS100? If you are using any Linux application, please tell me what is that Linux application?

I am just using Procomm connected to a tty port and we also use Putty connected to PTY port.

Thanks a lot. Your information is very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back