Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to do monitoring on a CX600

Status
Not open for further replies.

xargs

MIS
May 28, 2007
US
Does anyone know if there is a way to retrieve information such as disk utilization and hit cache ratio from an SP via SNMP or some other method?

I already know about retrieving NAR files and Navisphere Analyzer. I am looking for a way to do long-term trend analysis on our CX600.

You can run a script to collect NAR files every 24 hours and then merge them all together when you want to trend. There is only 26 hours of performance gatehered when turned on before it starts purging on the 27th hour.

Comtec,

I already do something like this. I have one script that downloads the NAR to an archive directory. Then I have a second script that when invoked grabs a weeks worth of data and puts it into an Excel spreadsheet. Then I have in the spreadsheet a macro to make a graph.

Even with all this scripting, it is still a pain to do. There are unresolveable bugs in Excel, plus the limit of ~65K rows. If you have multiple enclosures like we do, you hit this limit pretty quick and involves splitting the data which is a pain.

I was hoping there was an alternative to the NAR files to get this data. Maybe there isn't....

If you already have it scripted to be put into an Excel spreasheet, a simple modification of the script would allow you to put in an Access database or SQL database. Then either creative webpage development or report software like Crystal Reports would get the data into a usable format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back