Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to do an Incremental Archive of VSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zulu11

Programmer
Mar 15, 2004
US
Hi,

I have a very large VSS database, i took the complete archival of it on the 10th Dec 2003...now i want to take an archival of the database but an incremental one..i.e. from the 10th Dec 2003 till this date..
I used the option of Archive this version and older and gave the Date as D12/10/2003...but this archives till 10th Dec 2003..and not onwards 10th dec 2003...Is there any way do to an incremental archive or do i have to do a complete archive again...

Thanks in advance

Zulu

Hi,
Did you get any solution for taking incremental backup in VSS. I am also looking for the same. Please post it here whenever you get any solution.

Thankx in advance

Has your restore facility prior to 101203 worked for you? I added in the date D01/01/03 for the archive which worked. However, when I tried to do a test restore the mechanism hasn't worked.

hi!

just to let you know that there's no way of doing an incremental archive..you have to do the whole thing..

Hi Zulu11,

Would you mind elaborating on that point? If we wanted to archive history based on a date - how would we get the history back? Would we have to restore it to a blank database - are you saying it's impossible to restore to the database it was incrementally archived from?

Thanks,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back