Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to do a gradient fill in framemaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Energx2000

Technical User
Jan 25, 2002
US
I would like to do a gradient fill for the letter "O", but i can't seem to figure out how to do it. What i would like to do is go from black to white to black.
Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

What you have to do is create the gradient-filled letter in another graphics program. It could be either a vector program like Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw or it could be a bitmap app such as PhotoShop or Corel Paint. Then you export the letter to a file in a format such as .eps, .wmf, .gif, or whatever. (What format to use is a whole other issue).

In FrameMaker, follow these steps:

1. Put the insertion point where you want the letter to be and do File | Import | File to bring the graphic in. FrameMaker automatically creates a frame and places the graphic in it.

2. Use Esc m p to shrink-wrap the frame and change its Property to At Insertion Point.

3. If the positioning isn't exactly what you want, select the frame, hold down the Alt key and use the arrow keys to position the frame. (To move in larger increments, hold down both Alt and Shift).

HTH

Rhea Tolman

Thanks for the information. I already knew how to create the gradient fill using coreldraw. (I think I should have mentioned that before). What I wanted to know was is there a way to do it within framemaker itself. The reason I want to know is because I would like to have no graphic in my template that I use for my documentation.

Thanks again Rhea, sorry for not mentioning that I had already created a gradient filled letter using coreldraw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back