Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to distribute VB applications that use Access2000 reports? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavilan43

Programmer
Mar 3, 2002
ES
I have developed an application in Visual Basic 6 that use Access2000 Reports to print the data.
It works very well in my development environment, but when I try to distribute my application to my customer in a CD, when trying to print a report, occurs an error "Impossible to create ActiveX object".
The code I use is...

Set apl = New Access.Application
apl.OpenCurrentDatabase App.Path & "\Facturas2000.mdb"
apl.DoCmd.RunMacro "m_imprimir_factura"

The macro m_imprimir_factura is a macro in the Access2000 database that prints the report.
I have included in the distribution package the msacc9.olb file and it is registered in the customer's computer.
All this happens under Windows NT4 environment.

Thanks for your interest

How to distribute it?

With a licensed copy of Access perchance?

Licensing states that you can only do this is the customer has a licensed version of ACCESS. So, I will not offer help here in this way because if the customer does have a licensed version of ACCESS and it is installed correctly/fully, then normally this problem should happen - I think - as long as everything is being referenced right and the same versions of the object are being used.

You may, however, use a utility FOC from the MS Site. See: thread709-262310

The matter is that we want to distribute our program without installing access in client's computer. tks

You cannot distribute ms access object library with out the developers kit. But you can reference it, and if the client has the object, then it will work fine.

No problem with using Snapshot viewer as I mentioned in Thread709-262310

Using petermeachem's suggestion, or something similar, is probably the most professional way of going about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back