Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Distribute Application and run without reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakkar

MIS
Apr 4, 2002
US
Hello,

I'm trying to distribute an application, then run it by double clicking on it, without rebooting. Normally this application doesn't require a reboot after being installed, it's Adobe Captivate.

I have run snapshot, installed the application, then finished the snapshot. I setup the application to distribute and it comes down fine and creates an icon on the desktop, but it doesn't create the application directory under Programs.

I need to do this without rebooting due to our environment. We boot to disk images, so a reboot will basically wipe out anything that gets installed.

I would normally just install this into the image, but my alloted time does not allow for it.

Thanks for your help!!

Chris

In your application object properties choose the Distribution Options tab, in the Reboot section click Never.

I've done that and the shortcut doesn't work.

Hmmm, this morning it works. I guess I just needed to wait for NDS Synching to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back