Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to display word format memo field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knzy

Programmer
Jan 25, 2002
CA
Hi! All,

I want to display a memo field which is in word format. Because the word format, the memo field can not display properly. Can I change the field back to clean text? Or is there any methods to show the word format field?

Regars,
knzy

hi
just cut and piece the word memo and insert it in your report as a text box
pg

sorry I didn't explain the situation clearly. The word files are stored in database as 'text' fields. I need to show them in Crystal Report. If I just drop the fields into the crystal report, it is not shown with the correct word format.

I guess I should use OLE object field, but I couldn't drop the text field into the Word OLE object.

Thanks,
Knzy

ok
inset your word doc in a text box and make sure it can grow is check

pg

It dones't work. What I am doing is like this:
1. insert a text box
2. insert the Word format database field into th text box
3. make sure the can grow is on.

I also tried to insert the memo field into an OLE object, but seems the OLE object doesn't receive it at all.

If you can inert a RTF or HTML instead of a Word document, then you can select format field->Paragraph Formatting->RTF (or HTML) and get the desired results.

Otherwise I don't really have a solution here.

-k

Crystal Reports can only have RTF or HTML docs inserted. Convert the Word text to RTF, if you can, and then insert it. Use the text interpretation options in the format editor to maintain the RTF format. Rod Oatis
Venturi Technology Partners
Crystal Decisions Certified
Trainer/Consultant/Developer/Implementor
Rod_Oatis@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back