Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to display my name or my company's name when dialing outside calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montero84

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
US
Hello, I am not an expert in avaya system but I work with it. We have an Avaya S8400 with a PRI T1. I am wondering if there's a way to let people see my name when I made an outside call, like if I call to a cell phone or a residencial phone, do there's a way to program the system to display my name or the name of the person that is calling?. if not, is it possible to program my system to let people see the name of the company when we make outside call, example, if I call to my house it doesn't shows the name of the company but a blank space, sometimes it shows the main number but I would like people see the company's name.

My english is not perfect but I hope you can understand what I mean.

Thanks in advance!

check with your service provider about caller id options. I don t think individual names will be possible but company name and main number should be possible

Call your provider and the can program a outgoing name for any numbers that you have and pay for like DID's If you do not have DID's and just use internal numbers than you have to change your numbering table to push out the main BTN. If you would like the name of the user to go out you would need to program the PBX trunk fields and pay a premium fee from the provider for this service. So in short call your service rep let them know what you want and see what they can offer.

Just as a additional tip, if you have multiple LEC's, you will need to talk with each of them. We recently added DID service, and the new range worked for the main LEC, but the CLEC, who use a different CPN database, had to do updated to get the names correct. If they do not have an entry for your CLID, they will display the name of the CO where the call originated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back