Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to display multiple grouping fields on one page

Status
Not open for further replies.

dninus

Programmer
Feb 8, 2012
US
Good morning Everyone!
I've been struggling with creating a report with the following format.
Currently, our company has about 300 stores and need to report sales everday for each store.
We have a report serving that purpose, but it is a 300 pages reports since each page display
one store. Now, I need to display 3 store per page.
I don't know how to display 3 stores on each page by grouping by store#.
Please help!
Thank you very much!

Date------------------Store1----------- --------------------------Store2-----------------------------Store3--------------
----------- TY Sales Budget LY Sales TY-LY--------TY Sales Budget LY Sales TY-LY --------TY Sales Budget LY Sales TY-LY------
M Oct 1------ 1290 1289 1300 -.76% --------------1253 1500 1235 0% ---------------------- 2500 1999 1896 31%
T 2
W 3
Th 4
Fri 5
S 6
S 7
WTD
M 8
T 9
W 10
Th 11
Fri 12
S 13
S 14
WTD
S 28
MTD
Total

Sorry, your data is hard to read, but would creating a cross tab help?

You could have your store as your column fields along with all of your budget information.

You may need to create a formula for the rows, because based on the above, you want to total each week and month.

That's going to be a bit trickier. Let me know if the cross tab could be the solution you're looking for, then we could work through the formula for listing day, WTD, MTD.

Step 1 : Create a new formula : @NewPg

Numbervar x;
x:=GroupNumber Mod 3
------------
Step 2 : In the GroupFooter Section, add this condition next to 'New Page After'

@NewPg=0

------------

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back