Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to display memo field correctly? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

orionsong

Programmer
May 8, 2000
MY
I couldn't find how to display a memo field in MS Access correctly in ASP. For example:

--Begin of memo field--

The quick brown fox jump over the sleeping dog.The quick brown fox jump over the sleeping dog.The quick brown fox jump over the sleeping dog.The quick brown fox jump over the sleeping dog.

The dog woke up and gave chase.The dog woke up and gave chase.The dog woke up and gave chase.The dog woke up and gave chase.The dog woke up and gave chase.The dog woke up and gave chase.The dog woke up and gave chase.

--End of memo field--

The output in the asp page would show as:

The quick brown fox jump over the sleeping dog.The quick brown fox jump over the sleeping dog.The dog woke up and gave chase. The dog woke up and gave chase.

====================================

Basically, what i trying to show here is the output from the MS Access would be displayed without any formatting properties such as paragraph or next line.

Can someone help please?

In your ASP page, 1)replace the vbCrLf characters with <br> OR 2)wrap your entire string in the <pre></pre> tag set.

1)
dim sDog
sDog = <The text from above>
sDog = replace(sDog, vbCrLf, &quot;<br>&quot;)
response.write sDog

2)
dim sDog
sDog = <The text from above>
response.write &quot;<pre>&quot;
response.write sDog
response.write &quot;</pre>&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back