Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to display a drop-down menu on top of flash object?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyweb

Programmer
Nov 15, 2007
US
Hi guys:

My navigation menu appears underneath a flash object. I need to pull it to the front. I was able to do this in IE but the same approach does not work in Mozilla Firefox. How do I achieve this in Mozilla Firefox and/or other browsers? Thanks.

T

Yes, I set wmode to opaque (or transparent) but it only works in Internet Explorer but not in Mozilla Firefox. How do I do it so that the navigation menu displays on top of the flash object in Mozilla Firefox ? Thanks.

I looked at the Adobe page source code and saw

props.wmode= "opaque";

However, this line is embeded in Javascript. I don't use Javascript though.

Here's a piece of my code:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase=" width="584" height="235" title="slide-show">
<param name="movie" value="flash/slide-show.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<embed src="flash/slide-show.swf" quality="high" pluginspage=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="584" height="235">
</embed>
</object>

My flash object is a swf file. I have also tried setting one of those parameters above to:

<param name="wmode" value="opaque" />

but it's not working for Mozilla Firefox (it's working for Internet Explorer)

Errhummmh! Told you needed the wmode=transparent in the embed tag, for it to work on FF...

<embed src="flash/slide-show.swf" quality="high" pluginspage=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="584" height="235">

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Thank you oldnewbie and Ken a lot. It's working in Firefox now. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back